Session page expiry

liunx

I have a web site with a secure password area set up by the web space provider.<br />
<br />
Although the password system works, if you visit another site and then go back you are still logged in to this area. <br />
<br />
The web space provider says there's nothing they can do about this, but that the password would be requested again if the viewer closed their browser. However, this is not true as I can still get in without re-entering the password even if I close the window and open a new one.<br />
<br />
I have tried using the no-cache meta tag to no effect.<br />
<br />
Does anyone know of some code that will force the password to be re-entered after the viewer goes off site? Unfortunately, it can't be anything fancy as the web space does not come with a cgi bin, and as far as I can tell doesn't support php or asp.<br />
<br />
many thanks<!--content-->your host is correct. you can't reset it unless you shutdown your browser, not just your page, but the whole thing. sounds like they are using a htaccess file. that has nothing to do with cache.<br />
<br />
if you want to setup a password directory like you have now it will need to be done with serverside language like php, cgi, asp.<!--content-->

Back