Session hijacking from another angle

netbios2k3

I have been working on a secure login/portal type set of tools, the general code is free from SQL injections, XSS etc, I have mulitple things in place to stop session hijacking.[*]regenerate session's ID for EVERY page[*]Compare the user's IP with the IP at login[*]compare the user's user_agent with the agent at login[*]have short session time outsetcI have done all I can think of to stop hijacking, however I have still located a situation where it might be possible and would like to know if anyone has any ideas.Imagine a situation where you have 2 users behind a firewall which does SNAT/DNAT, so both apart to come from the same IP. They are both identical machines supplied by the same place. One connects to the site and logs in, the other copies the PHPSESSID cookie and can simply steal the session.This might sound like an extreme example, however this is very similar to my place of work, everyone is behind a firewall so looks to be the same IP, and all machines are managed/supplied by the IT team, so all have the same version of browser, OS etc etc.I am trying to think of another way (server side) to stop the hijacking or minimize it further, I was thinking of a token which gets embedded into every URL (changed for each page), and checked.I am looking for ideas or suggestions, if you want to offer code or examples you're welcome, but I am more interested in out of the box ideas or comments on my token idea.

Back