Separating my Form into 2 HTML pages

liunx

hello again.<br />
<br />
i have a long form to make user fill it, so i decided to separate it into two HTML pages.<br />
my question is: <br />
How to send them both as one form??<!--content-->assuming that i separate the long form into two forms each one in a separate HTML page. <br />
<br />
What is the action tag i should fill?<br />
Should i insert it into my table using PHP code in both HTML pages? or there's a way to send the values that user filled in the first page into the second page, so i insert the form as a whole one form into my table?<br />
<br />
Or there's an alterntave way i should follow?<!--content-->by the way, i'm using PHP to save the values into a table ..<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
PS: i'm posting more than one because i keep forgetting what i want to ask, so.. forgive for this :'><!--content-->First of all, you can edit your original post to add anything that you forgot to say; sort of keeps it all together nicely. But anyway.<br />
<br />
Since you're already using PHP and a database to process the form, my take would be to process the two-part form as seperate forms; the first part would submit the first form as usual, and the page containing the code processing that form's data could also serve the second part of the form (basically, the second form). Think along the lines of one of those 3-step application procedures (or any number of steps, for that matter).<br />
<br />
If needed you could even use parts of the data submitted through the first form to echo on the second.<br />
If you style this all to look like one form broken up in two pieces, your users wouldn't know and likely wouldn't care if it's one or two forms.<!--content-->For JS enabled browsers you can do something similar to my slideshow script: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.klproductions.com/klslideshow.html">www.klproductions.com/klslideshow.html</a><!-- w --> <br />
It will allow you to present your form to the user in seperate blocks, but process it on the server as a whole.<br />
If a user has JS disabled it will still be available to the user in one continuos block.<!--content-->

Back