SEO issues on my unique keyword for product page

allcock

I am trying to work on my keyword for a product page of mine. The keyword is the name of the product "GuruWax" which is fairly unique (i.e. shouldn't be too much competition). For some reason though, I can't get the page to rank AT ALL for this keyword which is all over the title and content of this page! I got my Press Release as #1 for the launch of this product and even my blog post on it as #2 but the actual page is nowhere to be found in all 16 pages of google results for this keyword. My site is indexed and even has PR2 for several pages (main page and a couple others in it) and several PR1 sub pages.

What's the deal?!

Site - detailinggurus.com

Page that isn't getting in the SE results - detailinggurus.com/guruwax.html

Keyword - GuruWax

Thanks in advance for any help! You are right, it shouldn't be hard at all.
Google indexed your page but just decided it wasn't worth showing.

by the way, your page microfiber doesn't work. Unless you want this page to point to the home page. When I run a search with that keyword this is what I get. The url in question occupies the numero uno position for 'GuruWax'. So I don't see a issue unless I am using a different version of Google. Quote: Originally Posted by sauravverma When I run a search with that keyword this is what I get. The url in question occupies the numero uno position for 'GuruWax'. So I don't see a issue unless I am using a different version of Google. We made several changes from suggestions from another SEO forum and it looks like I went from nothing to #1 in one day!

Here is a quick summary of what I did for the benefit of others:

-Added H2 and H3 tags in two places around the keyword "GuruWax".
-Added <strong> tags around all other instances of the keyword "GuruWax" in the body of the page.
-Changed the meta description to be unique from the title of the page.
-Fixed the sitemap link on the footer to point to an HTML version of the sitemap.

Thanks all. Iv seen your site and your Guruwax page as well,it seems that the content on the page is fine and the keyword "Guruwax" is also comparitavely unique.
I would assume you need to give Google a bit more time,even though you mentioned your site has a Page Pank 2,but is your Guruwax Page listed in Google's index?(If its new it will take some time),you need to give Google a bit more time and i think your sites page should be visible. Quote: Originally Posted by DanPonjican We made several changes from suggestions from another SEO forum and it looks like I went from nothing to #1 in one day!

Here is a quick summary of what I did for the benefit of others:

-Added H2 and H3 tags in two places around the keyword "GuruWax".
-Added <strong> tags around all other instances of the keyword "GuruWax" in the body of the page.
-Changed the meta description to be unique from the title of the page.
-Fixed the sitemap link on the footer to point to an HTML version of the sitemap.

Thanks all. I was going to say. Those would be some good things to do but it looks like you got that all taken care of. Grab a couple strong backlinks and that position should be pretty easy to hold seeing that it's not competitive. Quote: Originally Posted by sauravverma When I run a search with that keyword this is what I get. The url in question occupies the numero uno position for 'GuruWax'. So I don't see a issue unless I am using a different version of Google. Depending on location and luck you will get different search results from google. You can check the search against multiple google data centers to see what the difference is. I checked the page itself don't have any PR and also due to my system error i could not check the back links to the particular page. Any how do concentrate on link building on the particular page and see the result I see a keyword density of that keyword of about 4.51% for the page, which is fine. I would focus on link building. Don't forget the value of internal links as well.