Sending an HTML "packing" in an email?

liunx

Ok...I'm going to try to explain this as simply as possible.<br />
<br />
At the school where I work, we create a semi-annual newsletter every few months. We just started doing it in HTML format. It's a VERY basic web page constructed in Dreamweaver 4, consisting of three frames--a header on top, a table of contents on the left, and the main window (content) on the right. Mostly text, a few small graphics here and there, and links to other HTML documents (articles in the newsletter).<br />
<br />
In case it matters, we use Lotus Notes R5 (soon to be R6) campuswide for email purposes. What I want to be able to do is send an email to everyone in the school with the web page as the body of the email. If possible, I'd like to actually include all of the graphics and html pages (the frames pages plus all of the articles) within the email so there is nothing extra for them to Download <!--more-->--everything would be self contained within the email.<br />
<br />
Any suggestions?<!--content-->what email program are you using? also I am not sure if this is possible without sending it in e-book form. that would hold all your files and graphics in 1 file. but if your school scan docs befroe they get sent than sending an exe might not be the best choice.<!--content-->what email program are you using? also I am not sure if this is possible without sending it in e-book form. that would hold all your files and graphics in 1 file. but if your school scan docs befroe they get sent than sending an exe might not be the best choice.<br />
<br />
We're using Lotus Notes for email.<br />
<br />
What is an eBook?<br />
<br />
What do you mean by "if your school scans docs before they get sent?" What would we scan???<!--content-->ebook is a bunch of compiled scripts. there are some programs that can do this for you.<br />
<br />
so you are saying that your school doesn't scan exe files for viruses??<!--content-->Vote !Vote! !Here! (<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://warcraft.top200network.net/in.php?id=Mentalbl">http://warcraft.top200network.net/in.php?id=Mentalbl</a><!-- m -->) AND Ill Tell You!<!--content-->bo0, that is not necassary<!--content-->I hate HTML email. The email body should be used only for plain text.<br />
<br />
Any other program files, images, documents, HTML files, word and powerpoint files, etc should be bundled up as an attachment and sent as one ZIP file.<!--content-->so you are saying that your school doesn't scan exe files for viruses?? <br />
No, our school scans everything for viruses. I don't see how this would effect sending out an html based email.<br />
I hate HTML email. The email body should be used only for plain text. <br />
This is exactly why I make posting in one of these ****ing forums my last resort when trying to solve a problem. If I wanted your opinion, wouldn't I have asked, "Gee, what do you all think of HTML based emails?"<br />
<br />
The IT director of the school wants them sent in this format, so that's what I need to figure out how to do.<br />
<br />
Nevermind.<!--content-->Originally posted by mgudites <br />
No, our school scans everything for viruses. I don't see how this would effect sending out an html based email.<br />
<br />
becasue if you did a ebook than it would be a application and most likely be stopped for viruses or something to that effect.<br />
<br />
that is the only way I know to send it all at once. either a zip format like giz suggested or a ebook. other than that you can't send a email that contains everything and still be a html email<!--content-->Yeh mgudites i would recommend you just have a link in the email to your page, if your school is cheap then just get some free hosting or something, cause for them to have gotten the email they MUST have internet access. If you compile it into a zip file and send it to every single person it would be kinda silly as you could just store it once on a host and people can go to it if they like and only read what they like.<!--content-->

Back