Sending a form?

windows

Hi All,<br />
I have created a form, but when I try to send it my email page pops up. (OK, yes my server is AOL, stop laughing...)<br />
Even if I try to copy and paste it and then send it as a email, then the information in the form boxes doesnt get sent. Maybe I could attach the web page to the email but I dont know how?<br />
Can someone please help or point me in a direction that will stop me pulling my hair out!<!--content-->Might help a bit more if we could see the coding your using for the form right now.<!--content-->ok another example of the mailto: function not working, correctly. that is suppose to open your default email program to send teh form variables to teh recipient. if you want to avoid this you will have to use server side scripting.<!--content-->Hi Dreamer,<br />
<br />
The page is <br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.marchingcrazy.com/bandentry.html">http://www.marchingcrazy.com/bandentry.html</a><!-- m --><br />
hope this helps...<!--content-->your form tag won't do you any good above the body tag. move the form tag right below the body and it should work.<!--content-->Hi Scoutt,<br />
I have moved the tag but it still makes the email page pop up. Is there anything else I could try?<!--content-->like I said the mailto: tag is suppose to do that. if you don't want that you have to use server side scripting like php, perl, asp<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
like I said the mailto: tag is suppose to do that. if you don't want that you have to use server side scripting like php, perl, asp You would find many choices of these scripting here: <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hotscripts.com">www.hotscripts.com</a><!-- w --><br />
<br />
If you don't have scripting access try <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.bravenet.com">www.bravenet.com</a><!-- w --> for remotely-access scripting! ;)<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
like I said the mailto: tag is suppose to do that. if you don't want that you have to use server side scripting like php, perl, asp <br />
<br />
Scoutt has the right of it hon... as do the rest of the suggestions. I'm only gonna add in that if you really care about your site and the work you've put into it... look for another place for it besides on AOL... but then thats my own personal pet peeve.. ;)<!--content-->Originally posted by scoutt <br />
ok another example of the mailto: function not working, correctly. that is suppose to open your default email program to send teh form variables to teh recipient. if you want to avoid this you will have to use server side scripting. <br />
<br />
and by the sounds of an AOL server, i doubt server side scripting is an option... :(<!--content-->here is a basic one that i used a while back before i got into php and perl all it uses is javascript:<br />
<br />
<form name="mailer" method="post" action="" enctype="text/plain" onSubmit="(document.mailer.action += mailtoandsubject)"><br />
<br />
<select name="mailtoperson" onChange="msg(this.form)"><br />
<option value="[email protected]">|SM</option><br />
</select><br />
<br />
<input type="text" size=45 name="name" onChange="msg(this.form)"><br />
<br />
<input type="text" size=45 name="email" onChange="msg(this.form)"><br />
<br />
<input type="text" size=45 name="handle" onChange="msg(this.form)"><br />
<br />
<br />
<input type="text" size=45 name="subject" onChange="msg(this.form)" value="let me join"><br />
<br />
<textarea name="message" cols=45 rows=5 wrap="virtual" onChange="msg(this.form)"></textarea><br />
<br />
<input type="submit" value="Send Message" name="submit"><br />
<input type="reset" value="Reset" name="reset"><br />
</form><br />
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript"><br />
function msg() {<br />
document.mailer.action = "mailto:" <br />
mailtoandsubject = ((document.mailer.mailtoperson.options[document.mailer.mailtoperson.selectedIndex].value) + '?subject=' + document.mailer.subject.value); <br />
} <br />
</SCRIPT><br />
<br />
maybe that will help, of course you can customize it to your needs. and change the variable names and that sort of thing, but its basic and doesnt need server side scripts.<!--content-->

Back