SELECT problem in IE

Hi there.. Here's an annoying problem I have in IE 6, not in Netscape 7... It seems that IE puts two line-breaks after a SELECT, which messes up my tables.. The code below will demonstrate, using a border around it, that there's an extra line below the SELECT menu. Can anything be done about this? And again, it's only in IE, not NN. I even put the whole table and form on one line, to eliminate all white spaces.<br />
<br />
<br />
<HTML><br />
<HEAD><br />
<TITLE>SELECT</TITLE><br />
<META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"><br />
</HEAD><br />
<BODY><br />
<TABLE><TR><TD style="border: #000000; border-style: solid; border-top-width: 1px; border-bottom-width: 1px; border-right-width: 1px; border-left-width: 1px;"><FORM><SELECT><OPTION>one</OPTION><OPTION>two</OPTION><OPTION>three</OPTION></SELECT></FORM></TD></TR></TABLE><br />
</BODY><br />
</HTML><!--content-->what do yo mean it doesn't happen NS? it should. the select is not causeing the space, the form tag is. the from tag is a block level element which it will create a block around the form. so to get rid of it you can do this.<br />
<br />
<form style="display: inline"><br />
<br />
that will fix IE, but NS and all other browsers that don't recognise the display: inline will not work.<br />
<br />
again it is happening in NS trust me.<br />
<br />
edit: or you can put the form tag before and after teh table, instead of inside it.<!--content-->I use<br />
<br />
style="margin:0px"<br />
<br />
to destroy the blocks created by the form. It works in IE, but I don't know about netscape.<!--content-->Ah yes, I see now that it's the FORM tag doing that... I was under the impression that it was SELECT, from earlier experiments.. Well, I can't put the FORM tags outside the table in my design, there are several forms within the table, but the style you suggested fixed it! Thanks a lot scoutt! :)<br />
But what can I say about NS? I did not happen there, I can clearly see that I didn't... sorry<!--content-->try my code. and hope for the best.<!--content-->

Back