See if this is ok for a tutorial

Filez

Tutorial on Security Tokens

The first thing you need to do is have a XML editor handy like XmlBluePrint.
XMLBlueprint XML Editor

Step 1
Now that you have a XML editor open the XML you want to edit and open it.
Now click on Search > Replace Text

Step 2
Find text :
PHP:
<input type="hidden" name="s" value="$session[sessionhash]" />

Replace with :
PHP:
<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />

Step 3
Click find and if it does not have the replacement text then select replace. Continue this process until the entire XML has been gone through and once you have then click save.

Your finished with security tokens for your XML.

Security Tokens Part 2

Step 1

Open your Admincp > Styles & Templates > Search in Templates > Choose theme

Step 2

Find:
PHP:

Replace with :
PHP:
<input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="$bbuserinfo[securitytoken]" />

Step 3

Make sure you go through all templates that are showing step 2 and make sure they all look like the replacement text.

The above mentioned way is using your current admin panel ...I do not recommend that way as if you edit something wrong then you have to reload your original XML and start all over this means you lose any other customizations you have made previously. It is strongly recommended to use an XML editor to make your edits.

It is also recommended that you do a back up of your db and make a copy of your original XML just incase there is a problem. The XML editor can show you both XML'S at once so you can see side by side any differences. The XML editor is a very handy tool in porting themes and making new ones as well.

I hope this has helped as it is no plainer than this to fix your security token errors.

GgAcE

Nice guide but I would suggest fixing your formatting.

If you want to make a REALLY nice tutorial lose all of the bold text & add headers. For example:

Step 1

Step 2
Now that you have a XML editor open Click on File then click Open.

etc.

This is MUCH easier to read. When reading your tutorial, I lost my place & it took me a few to figure out where I was >.<

.v0id

Step 1

XMLBlueprint XML Editor

Step 2
Now that you have a XML editor open Click on File then click Open.

Step 3
Once you do this find your XML you want to edit and open it.

Step 4
You should now have a new window open with your XML

Step 5
Now click on Search > Replace Text

Step 1
Open your Admincp

Step 2
Style & Templates

Step 3
Search in Templates

Step 4
Choose theme

these steps could be written in 1 - max 2 steps, there is no need to tell them to go to file and choose 'open' -.- if they won't understand, then it's their problem. Otherwise, looks good :)

GgAcE

.v0id said:
these steps could be written in 1 - max 2 steps, there is no need to tell them to go to file and choose 'open' -.- if they won't understand, then it's their problem. Otherwise, looks good :)

I wouldn't be so sure. I work in the Quality Assurance field and you would be surprised how dumb some people REALLY are. You just know at least ONE person is going to say "Where is the > symbol???"

But no, this can be one step. Filez, it looks much nicer mate. Good work.

Filez

OK im going to be stupid here.. I have tired the Visual Basic code, html and several other varaitons to post the tutorial with the colored text so it would be easier for them to read what the hell am I doing wrong as it never shows up like above.