Security of using a long hash in the querystring to identify a dynamic document

hildacrow

I'm working on a small webapp that generates exercise program printouts. A user (ie personal trainer) can create an exercise program, then enter the email address of one of their clients. A link to the exercise program then gets sent to the client, like so...\[code\]http://www.myurl.com/generate.php?hash=abiglonghash...\[/code\]The hash is a sha512 string.I don't want people to be able to easily discover other people's exercise programs. At the same time I would really prefer to avoid prompting people for additonal password info, etc, when they click on that link. I would like a client to click on the link in their email, and immediately get their program, no fuss.I'm wondering what thoughts are as to the security of the above, without additional authentication? I know it's not Fort Knox, but it seems about as safe to me as a typical "Forgot your password" system. Any thoughts, suggestions as to how this could be improved, without getting into full-blown user authentication?Thanks in advance,

Back