securing my code

windows

I'm working on a project in ASP.NET with a lot of VB behind it. When it is finished, we would like to be able to sell the product to other companies but we do not want all of our code visible for them to modify or use for their own. Therefore, is there some way I can compile any of if into a DLL or EXE or something like that? I'm not exactly sure how to do it or what my options are, but it needs to:

- Still be completely functional with database querying
- Fully working with no loss of functionality

Also, if this is possible, will I have to still have the source code with it? Any help in securing this for me would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
AndrewYes, you can compile all of your code-behinds into a DLL and no you won't have to include the .Net code with it. That is how ASP.Net Apps work.

You write the html files (.aspx) and the codebehinds (.vb), when you build the project in VS or whatever it compiles all of the .vb files into a DLL and places the DLL into the your applications bin directory. The running applicaiton never looks at the codebehinds, only the compiled DLL and .aspx files. If you were to delete all of the .vb files from your project, as you would in final deployment, it will still work fine.

Hope that helps.

Back