Searching multidimensional array for values, then outputting other values in array

I'm wondering how I might go about searching the array below for the key problem_id and a value equal to a variable which I would provide. Then, when it finds an array with a the matching key and variable, it outputs the other values in that part of the array too.For example, using the sample data below. How would you recommend that I search the array for all the arrays that have the key problem_id and the value 3 and then have it output the value of the key problem_update_date and the value of the key problem_update_text. Then keep searching to find the next occurrence?Thanks in advance, I've been searching really hard for the answer and believe i'm over my head!Output of \[code\]print_r($updates);\[/code\]\[code\]CI_DB_mysql_result Object( [conn_id] => Resource id #30 [result_id] => Resource id #35 [result_array] => Array() [result_object] => Array() [current_row] => 0 [num_rows] => 5 [row_data] => )\[/code\]Output of \[code\]print_r($updates->result_array());\[/code\]\[code\]Array( [0] => Array ( [problem_update_id] => 1 [problem_id] => 3 [problem_update_date] => 2010-10-01 [problem_update_text] => Some details about a paricular issue [problem_update_active] => 1 ) [1] => Array ( [problem_update_id] => 4 [problem_id] => 3 [problem_update_date] => 2010-10-01 [problem_update_text] => Another update about the problem with an ID of 3 [problem_update_active] => 1 ) [2] => Array ( [problem_update_id] => 5 [problem_id] => 4 [problem_update_date] => 2010-10-12 [problem_update_text] => An update about the problem with an ID of four [problem_update_active] => 1 ) [3] => Array ( [problem_update_id] => 6 [problem_id] => 4 [problem_update_date] => 2010-10-12 [problem_update_text] => An update about the problem with an ID of 6 [problem_update_active] => 1 ) [4] => Array ( [problem_update_id] => 7 [problem_id] => 3 [problem_update_date] => 2010-10-12 [problem_update_text] => Some new update about the problem with the ID of 3 [problem_update_active] => 1 ))\[/code\]

Back