Search HTML for ID export value as XML

wxdqz

Well just like the title says, I need to search an html file for specific id's and have the value of that id be a string in an XML file.

Why you ask. My company is doing a major change to the business cards. So far there are 1600. Right now the employee uses an html form to submit his/her information. There is a mixture of text and select feilds. I need the value of these feilds to be transfered to a string in XML so indesign can place the value of that XML string into a tagged text box.

So simply. I need the name a person types in the name feild to become their name on the business card. Any suggestions?

By the way these are html documents that are submitted to our email through a cgi.
Unfortunatly i need to work with what I have. Since they are already submitted changing the online submission form to xml will be useless. Unless we ask everyone to resubmit their information, which will not be possible.

I appreciate any help that can be given, and if there is an easier way please let me know.

Thank You

Back