Scrolling text boxes?

liunx

Hello,<br />
<br />
Does anyone know if it's possible to print out the text inside of a scollable text box?<br />
<br />
This is the type of text box I mean:<br />
textarea class="ta" rows="5" cols="65">test</textarea<br />
<br />
The problem I have is a long scrollable page of text with all the graphics at the top of the page.<br />
<br />
I could turn it into a frames site but that in itself could cause more problems.<br />
<br />
If I place all the text into a scrollable text box towards the top of a page then I'm killing 2 birds with one stone.<br />
<br />
The only problem then becomes how does a visitor print the text inside one of these boxes.<br />
<br />
If anyone can help I would be very grateful.<br />
<br />
Many thanks!<br />
<br />
Brian Terry<!--content-->If you can restrict your audience to IE5+ users, you can achieve what you want by using Stylesheets, the overflow property, and the @media rule.<br />
<br />
<br />
<style><br />
div.screenScroll { height: 200px; <br />
overflow: auto }<br />
@media print { <br />
div.screenScroll { overflow: visible } <br />
}<br />
</style><br />
<br />
<div class="screenScroll"><br />
Four Score and Seven Years Ago<br><br />
....<br />
</div><!--content-->Thankyou John,<br />
<br />
The only problem is I can't restrict the site to IE5+ users but it does looks like a very neat solution.<br />
<br />
I have another question for you that you might also be able to help with.<br />
<br />
What I need to be able to do is print a web page, the only difference being when I print it's a print out of another page the viewer does not see.<br />
<br />
The reason for this is because I have some graphic intensive web pages that will eventually include scrolling text boxes.<br />
<br />
If I just printed the page I would not see all the text in those scrolling text boxes.<br />
<br />
So I was wondering how it would be possible for a viewer to print a page in the usual way only to print out a page of pre-formated text only, containing all the text on the page including the text in the scrollable box.<br />
<br />
Another thing is I can't use frame sets in the main HTML pages.<br />
<br />
Is this at all possible?<br />
<br />
I hope you can help.<br />
<br />
All the very best and thanks again!<br />
<br />
Brian<!--content-->

Back