Scrollbar Problem

liunx

When my page content can be viewed on 1 page (on the screen) everything is allright.<br />
But when the page content gets very long i get a vertical scrollbar (whats very normal).<br />
But i also get an horizontal scrollbar. Is there anything that i can to get that scrollbar from my webpage?<!--content-->Got a link to the page?<br />
<br />
MNS<!--content-->http://www.cavalera.tk <br />
<br />
then go to movies => a for bad example<br />
and movies => z for good example<!--content-->I am using Netscape 7 on a MAC at 1024 x 768 resolution. I do not get a scroll bar on either page horizontally. The only thing I can sy is to "narrow" your content<br />
<br />
Check your math on your td widths<br />
<br />
<tr><br />
<th width="11%" class="header" scope="col">Cover</th><br />
<th width="22%" class="header" scope="col">Title</th><br />
<br />
<th width="8%" class="header" scope="col">CD (s) </th><br />
<th width="20%" class="header" scope="col">Rating</th><br />
<th width="5%" class="header" scope="col">Year</th><br />
<th width="28%" class="header" scope="col">Short Content </th><br />
<th width="7%" class="header" scope="col">Info</th><br />
</tr><br />
They add up to 101%<br />
<br />
MNS<!--content-->still doesnt remove the scrollbar<!--content-->Originally posted by cavalera <br />
still doesnt remove the scrollbar <br />
<br />
for some reason I cannot get to your style sheets.<br />
<br />
It could also be in the widths o you frameset. Just look at all of the widths and make sure none are a fixed width of pixels and none add up to over 100%<br />
<br />
MNS<!--content-->http://users.skynet.be/cavalera/Bestanden_Algemeen/opmaak.css<!--content-->if you are 100% sure that you're content will never go over horizontally, you can use this for IE: <body style="overflow-x:hidden"><br />
Not sure if this is cross-browser or not, but I know it will fix for IE<!--content-->also, BORDERCOLOR is invalid, try style="border:1px solid #999999" instead of bordercolor="#999999<!--content-->if i open the a.htm file there is no horizontal scrollbar but when it is in my frames there is a scrollbar<br />
strange very strange<!--content-->the site is in attachement maybe someone can help me here<br />
<br />
is is set scrolling to yes in the framset then i dont get a horizontal scrollbar<!--content-->did you try what i said in my post?<br />
also, change cellpadding to 0 not -1 same with border.<br />
and do scrolling=auto in your frameset<!--content-->did everything you said<br />
i think i just gonna rewrite the code<!--content-->does it fit horizontally if you align the table left?<!--content-->even with text it make a horizontal scrollbar! what did i do wrong?<!--content-->

Back