scrollbar on a box

liunx

i want to have a scrollbar on a box. does the box have to be a table or something? also how would i go about doing this? im use frontpage.<!--content-->You can either do a frame or a textarea. It all depends on what you want to use it for.<!--content--><div style="overflow:auto;"><br />
content<br />
</div><!--content-->i aint to great with html. i want a box which i will be putting text into. i wants a scrollbar on the side. how would i do it and where abouts (if i have to use the code} would it go? is there as easier way?<!--content-->can anyone help?<!--content-->Are you looking for <textarea>?<!--content-->i just want a box with a scrollbar on it that i can write and put pictures in, so that when i scroll the writing and pictures will scroll as well. im not great with code and i probably wouldnt know where to insert it or anything. im noob with html :(<!--content-->Ummh? An <iframe> then??<!--content-->i dont know a thing about this so what you have wrote both times, i have no clue about. im really noob so i need more help than that<!--content-->Here's an example <iframe> code:<br />
<br />
<iframe src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"/the/path/to/the.file" width="250" height="250" scrolling="auto"></iframe><br />
<br />
It will show /the/path/to/the.file as a box on your page.<!--content-->An i frame basicly means that you can have another page inserted into your main page in a little box with scrollbars etc<br />
<br />
Use the tag <iframe src=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"insert.html"></iframe><br />
<br />
Make a page with the content of the box, then insert the url of that page into the src area, put the above tag into the space you want the iframe to appear in your page and hey presto.<br />
<br />
You can also use attributes like height and width with the tag to change ita apperance<br />
<br />
iframes are not very stable and don't show in all browsers but if used properly can work quite well.<br />
<br />
Bonkom :pimp:<br />
<br />
EDIT: Beat me to it agent002<!--content-->im using frontpage so would i do it on that?<!--content-->you need to go read up on some html. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.w3schools.com">www.w3schools.com</a><!-- w --> and go to the html tutorials.<br />
<br />
There's probably an option on frontpage that allows you to insert a frame.<!--content-->To insert the iframe using frontpage you still have to hand code it into the HTML so<br />
<br />
  1. <br />
    create the page you want to have inside the scrolling area<br />
    find where you want the iframe on your page and click there so the cursor is in that place<br />
    Click the HTML tab at the bottom left to switch to html editior view<br />
    insert the code for the iframe that we have shown you above<br />
    put the url of the page to be shown inside the iframe into the src tag as we have shown you above<br />
    [/list=1] <br />
    Done <br />
    <br />
    Bonkom :pimp:<!--content-->

Back