Scrollbar colors...

liunx

I know the "scrollbar-base-color: #000000", but is there other things than just base color?<!--content-->Next time just search, I know this code has been posted many previous times:<br />
<br />
<br />
<STYLE TYPE="text/css"><!--<br />
BODY {<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color:#000000;<br />
scrollbar-track-color:#6598FF;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color:#1441FA;<br />
scrollbar-face-color:#1460FA;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color:#FFFFFF;<br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color:#000000;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color:#6598FF;<br />
}<br />
//--></STYLE><!--content-->scrollbar-DarkShadow-Color: #; <br />
scrollbar-Track-Color: #; <br />
scrollbar-Face-Color: #; <br />
scrollbar-Shadow-Color: #;<br />
scrollbar-3dLight-Color: #; <br />
scrollbar-Highlight-Color: #; <br />
scrollbar-Arrow-Color: #;<!--content-->just beat ya to it ;)<!--content-->You will remember, of course, that changing anything about the scrollbars is an IE/PC value only? It doesn't work on any other browser, that I know of, and it doesn't work on the Mac version of IE.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->oh, i didn't know it didn't work on a mac. I know it doesn't work in mozilla.<!--content-->Why wouldn't it work? If a browser is used to interperate HTML code, why does it exclude certain commands? (I have never touched a MAC or used Mozilla.)<!--content--><shrug> Why do some things work on one browser and not on another? Beats the bejabbers outta me. <br />
<br />
Thing is, *all* browsers are supposed to be compliant with the W3 standards. That was the whole purpose of the standards. Things like iFrames and a:hover and even iLayers wouldn't work on my Mac version of IE until relatively recently. At one point, I couldn't even find them on the W3 site. They didn't exist.<br />
<br />
Scrollbar attributes are the same. I checked the W3 pages for CSS and HTML. Neither one of them mentions being able to change the scrollbar attributes with any kind of code. It's an IE/PC specific code, just as a:hover and iLayers used to be. <br />
<br />
<huge sigh> It's all political/marketing maneuvering. And an old story.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->it would be a nice effect to be put in the standards i always use colored scrollbars, and sites look 10x better with colored scrollbars, some of these people need to get with the program and add it as valid in their platforms.<br />
<br />
as far as i know the colored scrollbars arent valid CSS <br />
at least thats what the validator says.<!--content-->Yeah, my sister and I were just talking about how we wished all browsers had the same standards. It'd save a whole lotta time and effort. *sighs*<!--content-->Originally posted by Collado008 <br />
it would be a nice effect to be put in the standards i always use colored scrollbars, and sites look 10x better with colored scrollbars... I disagree. My scrollbars *are* coloured. They're in a colour that I can easily see and recognize as a scrollbar. I don't believe designers have the right to change the appearance of a visitor's browser. Who are you to tell me what colour scheme to use? Rather pompous, I think.<br />
<br />
With all due respect, there are designers out there who *still* haven't figured out web-safe colours yet, never mind things like colour contrast and hexidecimal coding. With link colours almost the same shade as the background, 'mystery meat' navigation is making a come-back with a vengeance. And I've seen that kind of nonsense on even 'professionally' done sites.<br />
<br />
No, changing scrollbar colours, in my opinion, is about as useful as the <blink> tag. Qualifies as 'cute'.<br />
<br />
Peg<!--content-->Well in order to see the custom scrollbars, you have to sacrifice something because you're using IE. I used to use IE, then switched to mozilla firebird, and it's tons better. <br />
<br />
The menu on the carolina hurricane's website doesn't work on mozilla, but it does on ie. And that's a major website.<!--content-->it is an IE5+ code and it is not recognised by the validator as it is strictly Microsofts code. I also heard that konquerer for linux uses it now too.<!--content-->

Back