ScrollBar color

liunx

How do i make my scrollbar a difforent color like on this page?<!--content-->well obviously if they did it.<br />
take a look at the source lol :)<!--content-->Put this in the header, and put whatever colours you want. Only work with IE5.5 and IE6 for Windows, and Konqueror 3 for Linux. It'll make your CSS fail to validate, too.<br />
<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><br />
<!--<br />
body { scrollbar-base-color: colour; <br />
scrollbar-face-color: colour; <br />
scrollbar-track-color: colour;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: colour;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color: colour;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color: colour; <br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: colour;<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: colour; }<br />
// --><br />
</style><!--content-->here's the code snippet change the colors as you see fit<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><!--<br />
BODY {<br />
scrollbar-base-color: black;<br />
scrollbar-track-color: black;<br />
scrollbar-face-color: black;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: blue;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color: green;<br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: blue;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color: blue;<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: silver;<br />
}<br />
--></style><br />
<br />
<br />
This Should be pasted between the <head></head> code<!--content-->css is nice! tnx, maybe i'll use that too!<!--content-->Thanks it worked<!--content-->Put everything except the:<br />
<br />
<br />
and:<br />
<br />
--></style><br />
<br />
lines into a text file, and then save it with a filename ending in .css and upload it to your web site; then in the <head> section of the HTML file put this line:<br />
<br />
<link href=http://www.htmlforums.com/archive/index.php/"/path/filename.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"><br />
<br />
<br />
You've now got yourself an external stylesheet, that every HTML page of your web site can access.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Edit: Changed .js to .css - typo fixed.<!--content-->Put everything except the:<br />
<br />
<br />
and:<br />
<br />
--></style><br />
<br />
lines into a text file, and then save it with a filename ending in .js and upload it to your web site<br />
<br />
Actually Giz meant to say that you need to save that file ending in .css not .js<!--content-->Ooops. I had just finished talking about external javascript in another question, just before answering this one, about external css. Knew I'd eventually put a silly typo in an answer. Original answer now edited.<!--content-->Ok, I've been trying for the past hour to do everything possible to get any type of Scrollbar color to work, please help, it won't change the scrollbar color for me not at all, I've tried in seperate CSS File I've tried inclduing it in the HTML File but no go help. My IE version is 5.<br />
<br />
Jfreak<!--content-->Originally posted by Arctic Dragon <br />
Put this in the header, and put whatever colours you want. Only work with IE5.5 and IE6 for Windows, and Konqueror 3 for Linux. It'll make your CSS fail to validate, too.<br />
<br />
Does not work on IE 5 Sorry.<!--content-->It is nice to see that some people do actually read back through old threads to find information.<!--content-->Really yea....<!--content-->

Back