scroll

liunx

you know the scroll bar at the side of the page, how do you change its color. to like black or dark green.<!--content-->You don't. Although IE might allow you to, you should never mess with nay browser features, unless you created them.<br />
<br />
A scroll bar for a textarea box, on the other hand, was created by you, and you can chnage the colors.<br />
<br />
You could argue a new window scroll bar you could, but you should never change the main horiz or vert scroll bar colors. <br />
<br />
I will not provide the method to do so on some browsers, since it is not recommended for use.<br />
<br />
Dr. Script<!--content-->body {<br />
scrollbar-face-color: #006600;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color: #66CC00;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color: #CCCCCC;<br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: #000000;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color: #666666;<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color: #CC0000;<br />
scrollbar-track-color: #333333;<br />
}<br />
<br />
<br />
--------------------<br />
change hex to your liking.<br />
<br />
however, I agree with steelersfan88 about not doing it, though... you can use it for your window, then change body to .someclass<br />
<br />
<br />
=====================<br />
Refusing to answer the question is not the answer to the problem... Learning how to do things is usually, in the real world, is the first step to mastery, learning why not do them after all is the second step :D<!--content-->Originally posted by steelersfan88 <br />
A scroll bar for a textarea box, on the other hand, was created by you, and you can chnage the colors. <br />
I disagree. Though you may have placed the textarea itself upon the page, you didn’t “create” the scrollbar. The scrollbar is part of the browser UI; whether it’s the window scrollbar or a textarea scrollbar.<br />
<br />
Errors corrected<!--content-->I'm not going to argue this, since its really a toss-up on what you want to do. Truly, I'd rather one not. Let me find a link from this very forum that would argue with you though.<br />
<br />
... I won't, and I don't want to start an argument :)<!--content-->Everyone has his/her own opinion — we’ll agree to disagree. ;)<!--content-->

Back