scroll colour

liunx

I@m not quite sure if this would be done with HTML or with JavaSCript but can anyone tell me how to change the colour of the scroller bars in your internet browser. I only want to change their colour, not make them flash. Any replies would be greatly apreciated. Thank you.<!--content-->scrollbar-face-color:COLORHERE;<br />
scrollbar-arrow-color:COLORHERE;<br />
scrollbar-track-color:COLORHERE;<br />
scrollbar-shadow-color:COLORHERE;<br />
scrollbar-highlight-color:COLORHERE;<br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color:COLORHERE;<br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:COLORHERE;<!--content-->thanks, i take it you put that in the head content??? how much longer will each page take to load???<!--content-->not much longer. if you're adding it in the head then drop this anywhere.<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><!--<br />
scrollbar-face-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-arrow-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-track-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-shadow-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-highlight-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:COLORHERE;<br />
--></style><br />
<br />
Don't forget to change the 'colorhere' for whatever colors you want in hexidecimal values.<!--content-->Put this in the <head> tag.<br />
<br />
<style><br />
body { different properties here }<br />
</style><br />
<br />
<br />
It probably won't slow down the page much.<br />
<br />
<br />
Don't forget to change the 'colorhere' for whatever colors you want in hexidecimal values.<br />
There are other values.<br />
<br />
RGB. rgb(redval,greenval,blueval)<br />
Preset color values. most of the common colors (ex.red, blue)<!--content-->yeah I forgot that. But you've forgotten the type property and to comment it out.<br />
<br />
The correct code would be<br />
<br />
<style type="text/css"><!-- <br />
BODY {<br />
scrollbar-face-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-arrow-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-track-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-shadow-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-highlight-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-3dlight-color:COLORHERE; <br />
scrollbar-darkshadow-Color:COLORHERE; <br />
}<br />
--></style><!--content-->Oh yeah, sorry.<!--content-->FYI these are nonstandard CSS properties and will not work in most browsers. Also you can not use them and have valid CSS. (There is a workaround using javascript but its not that big of a deal if it doesnt validate, since your not following standards anyway).<!--content-->so what are you saying, if i use that then my page won't work?<!--content-->If you use them, only Internet explorer will pay attention (and get coloured scrollbars). All other browsers should ignore it.<!--content-->that's not too bad then.<!--content-->Most people these times, especially consumers, are using Internet Explorer..<br />
So, at least a lot of people will see those pretty scrollbars..<!--content-->

Back