scroll bars

liunx

All right, forgive me if this seems really terribly easy, but how can you make it so a page has no horizontal scroll bars? There are no frames, and it's just an individual, stand alone page. I just have a larger background for different screen sizes and dont want it stretching out on smaller screens.<br />
<br />
hope that makes sense.<!--content-->How did you embed your background? <body background="your.gif"> shouldn't scroll horizontally if it is larger than your page...<!--content-->oh jeez, i'm sorry. I meant to say it's a picture, not a background. It's just a large bar at the top. I didn't make it a background because of the placement. is there any way to do this?<!--content-->Originally posted by speaker <br />
oh jeez, i'm sorry. I meant to say it's a picture, not a background. It's just a large bar at the top. I didn't make it a background because of the placement. is there any way to do this? <br />
<br />
<body style="background:url(image.gif) no-repeat 100px 0;"><br />
<br />
If it's a 1 color bar I would make it only 1px wide and use repeat-x to make it cover the exact width of the page.<!--content-->

Back