script autoaccess from forms

windows

Okay what I'm trying to do is build a filemanager. I already wrote a script in Python that will output a directory listing to the menubox. <br />
<br />
The problem is I can't for the life of me figure out how to access this script when the page loads. I actually got it working perfectly last night but changed something and it doesnt work anymore. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure out this one.<br />
<br />
I think when it worked, my form tag looked something like <form name="DirectoryList" method="get" action="/usr/lib/cgi-bin/ci/filemanager.cgi?application/x-www-form-urlencoded"><br />
<br />
Doesn't work anymore though. Any help?<!--content-->i doubt it looked much like that...<br />
<br />
any chance you could give us a URL so we can make a better guess?<!--content-->http://www.charred-ice.net/backend<br />
<br />
That's where my file manager is gonna be... how do I get the page to access my script (which I know works perfectly) automatically?<br />
<br />
edit: decided to add some more info. <br />
If you'll look at the source, the idea is that the script should print a formatted directory listing between [ code ] and [ /code ]. (note: please do not access the script directly) I'm 99% positive it's got something to do with my action="" call but I don't see what to do about it.<br />
<br />
second edit: changed my tags, apparently this forum uses the same markup as I do :-p<!--content-->Ok i had a look...some things i thought of:<br />
<br />
Am i correct in thinking that your "filemanager.cgi" is the Python script you wrote?<br />
<br />
If so, the problem is that with the link you provided, your script simply isn't being run - it is being mentioned, but not executed in any way.<br />
<br />
Now, to find out more I went here directly<br />
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.charred-ice.net/cgi-bin/ci/filemanager.cgi">http://www.charred-ice.net/cgi-bin/ci/filemanager.cgi</a><!-- m --><br />
and it looks like the script runs ok (it seems to print some filenames out at least, which is probably a Good Sign)<br />
<br />
The trouble is your HTML is a bit confused:<br />
Firstly, get rid of "?application/x-www-form-urlencoded" for the time being. <br />
Then put in some <html><head> and the rest of the tags so the page is a real html page.<br />
Now remove the [ code ][ /code ] things - that's totally breaking the multiple select<br />
Then see if we're any closer :)<br />
<br />
Just for the moment, your 'action=' call is irrelevant, since we didnt get as far submitting the form...yet<!--content-->Ahh, you went to the script! I probably should build in safeguards to prevent it from running without being accessed by a page first :) But that's only after I get this sorted out first... <br />
<br />
I'm not sure what you mean by "breaking the multiple select", but Problem is, my [ code ] [ /code ] tags are what my REs use to know where to print out the directory listing. (pretty much exactly the same syntax these forums use.) I could use some other reference, but I'm going to need SOMETHING so my script knows where to put the information. So far for me though, the oddball tags don't seem to be causing any problems. (Could just be cause I'm using IE6, dunno.)<br />
<br />
Okay, added the HTML tags like you requested. (Don't even know why it was like that in the first place, heh)<br />
<br />
Now how do I make it call the script?<!--content-->

Back