scaling web pages

liunx

Hi,<br />
<br />
I am wondering how to have a web page scaled. <br />
<br />
More specifically an example of this would be a page that displays the same info at say 800x600 that it does at 1024x768. Having all the content on screen w/o scrolling horizonally.<br />
<br />
So I want the whole page on screen regardless of the users resolution. How do I do this?<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
Steve<br />
<br />
PS. I noticed that this site displays the enitre page w/o horizontal scrolling regardless of the resolution.<!--content-->Basically its a matter of keeping things "fluid" in design. That is try not to use only specific sizes in tables and such. Include using percentages and/or defaults in combination of fixed sizes.<br />
<br />
Its really hard to really say any specific solution on this considering many different sites have many different setups (layouts).<!--content-->Well, for tables you should add width="100%" to all of them. So they would show the same in all resolutuins. That's about all I know.<!--content-->is it possible to create a shell with a partivular resolution (ex: on portion is 800x600 and another is 1024x768) that would be cool<!--content-->

Back