Scalable Background (table) image

windows

Greetings...<br />
I am updating a site for a company and am having trouble with one specific element. I am unsure what it is called, or how to ask the proper question.<br />
<br />
Check out <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.enterprisecomm.com">http://www.enterprisecomm.com</a><!-- m --><br />
<br />
On the top navigation bar, there is a scalable element near the right that repeats itself according to the users browser window size (to the right of FAQs button). It does not spawn a scrollbar at a window size above 800px wide...<br />
<br />
What do you call this element? How do you achieve something like it? Perhaps its JavaScript?<br />
<br />
Thanks in advance.<br />
Chris<!--content-->Are you talking about the fact that the page can be wider<br />
without getting distorted?<!--content-->The entire page doesn't re-scale...<br />
Just a table image to the left of the subtle circles on the top right. <br />
<br />
The top nav/logo/circles stay the same exact size.<br />
<br />
?<!--content-->If that JS is doing what you say it does then it seems a bit exteme.<br />
<br />
It can be done with a table like this...<br />
<br />
<table width="100%"><br />
<tr><br />
<td width="X px">image of logo</td><br />
<td>background image in this cell that is repeatable</td><br />
<td width ="X px">right image</td><br />
</tr><br />
</table><br />
<br />
There are variations on this. As far as I know the HTMLforums has the same thing on its front page that works in both directions. I hope the above makes sense. I am tired and going home. (work)<!--content-->This doesn't seem to work. <br />
<br />
Is it possible that it is a CSS background style with predetermined X, Y coordinates?<br />
<br />
Anyone?<!--content-->Yes...<br />
I guess the morning brings a fresh mind...<br />
<br />
I was able to achieve the effect with a CSS background style...<br />
<br />
It is a fixed repeated background image along the X axis...<br />
<br />
Thanks for your help.<!--content-->

Back