Saving Xml to a Document C#

Gentopack

Unlike what I've been able to find on here I wand to maintain syntax within my xml document, and serialization doesn't touch on that. I want to be able to add another "task" tag to the xml document...Loading the information isn't a problem, I've had to deal with that before... but this is.Main Program:\[code\]using System;using System.Collections.Generic;using System.ComponentModel;using System.Data;using System.Drawing;using System.Linq;using System.Text;using System.Windows.Forms;using System.Xml;using System.Xml.Linq;using System.Xml.Serialization;using System.IO;namespace ToDoList{ public partial class Form1 : Form { string title; //the variable for the title textbox value to be stored in string details; //the variable for the details textbox value to be stored in string itemstr; //the variable for title and details to be merged in public Form1() { InitializeComponent(); } public void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e) { optionsbtn.Text = "Options"; //make the options button's text options var items = ToDochkbox.Items; //create a private "var" items symbolizing the Checkbox's items array XDocument xmlDoc = XDocument.Load("tasksdoc.xml"); //load the xml document (in bin or release) var q = from c in xmlDoc.Descendants("root") //go "within" the <root> </root> tag in the file select (string)c.Element("task"); //find the first <task></task> tag foreach (string N in q) //now cycle through all the <task></task> tags and per cycle save them to string "N" { items.Add(N); //add the item to the checkbox list } } public void addbtn_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { var items = ToDochkbox.Items; //create a private "var" items symbolizing the Checkbox's items array title = Addtb.Text; //set the title string to equal the title textbox's contents details = detailstb.Text; //set the details string to equal the detail textbox's contents itemstr = title +" - " + details; //set a variable to equal the title string, a - with spaces on each end, and then the details string items.Add(itemstr); //add the variable itemstr (above) to the the checkbox list } private void optionsbtn_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { new options().Show();//show the options form } private void aboutToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { new options().Show();//show the options form } private void saveToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { } public void loadToolStripMenuItem_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { optionsbtn.Text = "Options"; //make the options button's text options var items = ToDochkbox.Items; //create a private "var" items symbolizing the Checkbox's items array XDocument xmlDoc = XDocument.Load("tasksdoc.xml"); //load the xml document (in bin or release) var q = from c in xmlDoc.Descendants("root") //go "within" the <root> </root> tag in the file select (string)c.Element("task"); //find the first <task></task> tag foreach (string N in q) //now cycle through all the <task></task> tags and per cycle save them to string "N" { items.Add(N); //add the item to the checkbox list } } }}\[/code\]And My XML Document:\[code\] <root> <task>First Task - Create a Task</task> </root>\[/code\]

Back