Saving XML files from a dataSet through ASP.NET

MrCool1707

Currently I have two code samples, once takes a table from my database, puts it into a DataSet and then saves the DataSet and an XML file to my desktop.The other code saves a file from a webpage. What I would like to do is combine these two code examples so that I can save my XML file through the internet.Here are the samples:\[code\]SqlDataAdapter adapter = new SqlDataAdapter(query, connectionString); DataSet questionSet = new DataSet(); adapter.Fill(questionSet, "Questions"); questionSet.WriteXml("../../../../../Users/User/Desktop/MyTest");\[/code\]This successfully saves my table as an XML document and saves it to my Desktop.The code sample from the MSDN for saving files through ASP.NET\[code\]System.String filename = "myFile.txt"; Response.ContentType = "text/xml"; // initialize the http content-disposition header to // indicate a file attachment with the default filename // "myFile.txt" System.String disHeader = "Attachment; Filename=\"" + filename + "\""; Response.AppendHeader("Content-Disposition", disHeader); // transfer the file byte-by-byte to the response object System.IO.FileInfo fileToDownload = new System.IO.FileInfo("C:\\downloadJSP\\DownloadConv\\myFile.txt"); Response.Flush(); Response.WriteFile(fileToDownload.FullName);}\[/code\]This successfully saves a file through my browser.As far as I understand it, it seems that \[code\].WriteXml\[/code\] creates a the file from the dataSet. Is there a way to throw that file at the other code and tell the browser to download the \[code\].WriteXml\[/code\] file instead?All of this code looks almost like magic to me, but then again, it's .NET, which is known for its pixie dust!

Back