Saving User-created Content

liunx

I didn't know where best to post this, so I hope this works.<br /><br />On my site I want to have a section that will allow visitors to create small images. Ideally, I'll like to be able to allow the viewer to upload a picture, see a thumbnail (resize the thumbnail?), and place the the thumbnail anywhere on the drawing board. I'd also like to allow simple drawing abilities and allow the viewer to place text.<br /><br />The kicker is, once the image is finished, I need to allow them to send it to me (save it in a designated spot on the server, email it to me, whatever).<br /><br />I'm pretty sure this could be done with a Java applet. I don't know Java, but I'll learn it if I have to. But before I jump into that daunting task, is there any other way these things could be accomplished? Flash? Anything I'm unaware of out there?<br /><br />Thank you<!--content-->
Sorry nobody has responded yet. Sounds like a pretty ambitious task to attempt on your own w/o a whole lot of programming experience. Have you done a google search for possible programs already out there?<!--content-->
Hello,<br /><br />Thats one ambitious project. Its probably possible in PHP although not sure about the drawing board you mention. <br /><br />JimE<!--content-->
Yeah, I suppose it pretty ambitious, but I feel up for it. I don't like using pre-made programs if I can build it myself, and I'll even learn Java if I have to.<br /><br />I just hope there's not another direction I should be going that would end up being more useful.<!--content-->

Back