Saving a table to an XML file

evil

I am currently working on a website. I have been asked to be able to allow admins to save tables in the database to an XML file (so they can download it from their browser).I don't even know where to begin. I've done multiple hours of research but this process doesn't seem very well documented. I would appreciate some pointers in the right direction, or if possible, a more in-depth explanation. How would I set-up my files? How can I make them download that file instead of saving it into my application? How would I even save it to an XML file to start?I've seen some stuff online about backing your database into an XML file, but I feel that this is different as it allows users to download a database file instead of the developer making one.EDITFor clarity's sake the XML should resemble the database.So, if I have a Product (or products), I would hope the XML looks something similar to the following:\[code\]<product> <title> My Product </title> <price> 5.00 </price> <quantity> 4 </quantity> <description> This is my product! </description></product>\[/code\]

Back