Save External Pages to Local Drive

liunx

Hello. I believe I know the logic behind the solution of my problem, but I am unsure of the code to execute that logic.

I would like to save dynamic web pages i.e. <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.domain.com/folder/page.aspx?id=12222">www.domain.com/folder/page.aspx?id=12222</a><!-- w --> and the next ten or so pages after that to a local drive. I want to save id 12222, 12223, 12224, etc to the local drive. I need to do this to test the output of all the dynamic pages. The initial number (12222 in this case) will change each time I do a test. The total number of pages will also change as well.

I believe the way to go about doing this is to first find out the starting page, and total pages through two input boxes. Then the server would go to that domain, insert the first ID, save to file as that ID number in a specified directory, and then increment by one. This would loop until the total pages have been hit.

I have experience dealing with the postedfile.saveas property in ASP.NET, but I do not know how to translate a posted file as an external page.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.Bump

Back