save box to save file to their hard drive

liunx

i hold meetings and would like to have members Download <!--more--> agenda items in one go instead of right click save page as, on each page.<br />
<br />
what i hope for is when i user clicks a box is then opens a Save box/window to save any files that i choose.<br />
<br />
maybe a window that opens with options to choose which files they want and then a 'Save to computer' button that then opens up a 'save' box to choose where to save them.<br />
<br />
not asking for much but hope there is a way someone can help me make this up if it needs to be written from scratch.<br />
<br />
even just to get me started.<br />
<br />
thanks<br />
<br />
J<!--content-->if you are after making changes to save file dialogue box using a client side script? then thats almost impossible.Browser will not have access on your system resources.<!--content-->You have to have server-side programmability to do that; do you?<!--content-->i think i am going in circles here.<br />
<br />
think on this....<br />
<br />
i have files which are on the website, they select which file/s they want and then click another button to Download <!--more--> it,<br />
<br />
a bit like clicking on one button to get it but i want them to click the ones they want by selecting it with a select button and then clicking another button to actually get the file/s Download <!--more-->ed.<br />
<br />
below is what i want it to do. copy it into a notepad file and save it as a webpage and open to see what i mean.<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<br />
<head><br />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Language" content="en-gb"><br />
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"><br />
<meta name="ProgId" content="FrontPage.Editor.Document"><br />
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"><br />
<title>New Page 2</title><br />
</head><br />
<br />
<body><br />
<br />
<form method="POST" action="--WEBBOT-SELF--"><br />
<!--webbot bot="SaveResults" S-Builtin-Fields --><p>select the file you <br />
require and then click <b>Download <!--more--></b> to obtain them.</p><br />
<p><input type="checkbox" name="C1" value="ON">file one</p><br />
<p><input type="checkbox" name="C2" value="ON">file two</p><br />
<p><input type="checkbox" name="C3" value="ON">file three</p><br />
<p><input type="checkbox" name="C4" value="ON">file four</p><br />
<p><input type="checkbox" name="C5" value="ON">file five</p><br />
<p><input type="button" value="Download <!--more-->" name="B1"></p><br />
</form><br />
<p>--------------------------------------------------</p><br />
<p>the out come should be that a save as window would open asking for a location <br />
on their pc, to save them to and clicking the save button in this window would <br />
then save all the selected files they have chosen.</p><br />
<p>note.&nbsp; all the files that are selectable are already on the server,&nbsp; <br />
they are all Word Docs,&nbsp; I am unable to import them all as there are <br />
hundreds of them and they would have to be reformatted to fit on the webpage, as <br />
they contain formatting that are not compatible with HTML, so this is the only <br />
way I can do this.</p><br />
<p>&nbsp;</p><br />
<p>thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.</p><br />
<p>J</p><br />
<br />
</body><br />
<br />
</html><!--content-->think i have it but not sure.<br />
<br />
i think this should work, just thought of it,<br />
<br />
f1 f2 f3 are the boxes that would be selected, if yes it = y if it was not selected then it would = n<br />
<br />
when the button is clicked it then performs the following.<br />
<br />
<br />
<ONCLICK save 'open file save as box' 'file1 and f1=y' 'file2 and f2=y' 'file3 and f3=y'><br />
<br />
<br />
think i might have lost some of you with this. it is based on the adition function.<br />
a=1, b=2, c=3<br />
<br />
z=(a=1)+(b=1)+(c=1) <br />
z= 1 + 1 + 1 !!!<br />
<br />
confused....<br />
<br />
i am sure it can be done. i am sure it will have something to do with this <ONCLICK><!--content-->

Back