Safe way to send mail via PHP to many users

fL0w

Let me explain what I mean in my title. Let's say, that for example I'm creating a small e-commerce system for one web shop/catalog. There's a possibility for customers to choose, do they wish to receive newsletters or not. If they do, then logically thinking the newsletters should be send immediately as the newsletter is formed and ready.Of course it can be done simple by fetching all specified user e-mails from database and using \[code\]for\[/code\] cycle to send mail via \[code\]mail\[/code\] function in loop, but problem is that I was told, that this is bad practice. The simple and not cheap way would be purchasing internet service for sending newsletters, but what for the php programmer is needed, then?So I ask you humble comrades, what from your point of view might be a solution?NB! You probably won't believe me, but it is not for spamming.UPD: I might have explained myself wrong, but I would like to hear a solution not only about the correct way to send mail, but also about the correct delivery. Since not every mail send is always delivered.
Of course there are some reasons, which are unpredictable. For example someplace along the way something broke and mail was lost (if such thing is possible), but there are also other reasons which are influenced maybe from server or elsewhere. Maybe there is need to talk with hoster about it?

Back