safari pop ups

liunx

Hello<br />
<br />
Anyone have an idea as to why Safari might be rendering a spawned window about 40 pixels short? Here's the code:<br />
<br />
function launch(url, w, h) <br />
{ <br />
p=open(url,"DK","width="+w+",height="+h+",toolbar=yes,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,menubar=no,status=no,directories=no,location=yes,top=10,left =10");<br />
if (!p.focus) <br />
p.focus();<br />
}<br />
<br />
and<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"JavaScript:launch('wedding_about.html','800', '585')"<br />
<br />
It's strange because IE is opening this window fine, but Safari is cutting off the bottom portion of my content. I guess I could do resizable=yes, but then that wouldn't really be fixing it.<br />
<br />
Thanks a bunch group-<br />
honky!<!--content-->substitue your double quotes("") around the stats with single quotes(''), and get rid of the +'s and quotes around the w and the h. also, change "open" to "window.open":<br />
<br />
function launch(url, w, h)<br />
{<br />
p=window.open(url,"DK",<br />
'width=w,<br />
height=h,<br />
toolbar=yes,<br />
scrollbars=no,<br />
resizable=no,<br />
menubar=no,<br />
status=no,<br />
directories=no,<br />
location=yes,<br />
top=10,<br />
left=10');<br />
<br />
if (!p.focus)<br />
p.focus();<br />
}<br />
<br />
now, to fix ur HTML:<br />
<br />
<a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/# onclick="launch('wedding_about.html','800', '585')"><br />
<br />
chances are it wont work, but mite as well give it a shot<br />
-Dan<!--content-->thanks for the code clean up, but now the window won't open to the specified size. know why this might be? thanks.<!--content-->figured it out. when spawning a new window, safari doesn't like the 'location=yes' tag. it chops off the bottom 40 pixels or so of your window, which i guess is only a problem if you're doing a fixed, no resize window. took me a day to figure it out. ugh.<br />
<br />
thanks for trying.<br />
greg<!--content-->

Back