running PHP install file for an Invisionboard forum

liunx

Hello,
I hope people have some suggestions on this one, I have uploaded an Invisionboard forum onto the webspace, it is in the correct folder etc. When i try to run the .php install file for the forum from my browser, i get a navigation error. i am sure i have the addy right. Any help is appreciated.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a><!-- e --> exactly is the error?Heya,
i need to be able to access the php install file from my browser... the install file basically installs the invisionboard etc onto my webspace. are there any reasons why i would not be able to see/run this file from my browser, could it be browser settings? i contacted the webspace ppl and they said the webspace definitely supports php.I meant, what is the full text of the error message you receive?it's a file 404 error, file not foundIf you are getting a 404 error then this has nothing to do with it being PHP. This simply means you are not specifying the correct URL in the address bar. Are you sure the Invision board does not reside under a subfolder (like forums, or ibforums?). If it does then you will have to specify that as well:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.example.com/forums/install.phpi">http://www.example.com/forums/install.phpi</a><!-- m --> know... 8(...it was the first thing i thought of and i keep checking the addy over and over....i even moved the whole lot into a different directory with a simpler addy, and tried that, but no luck...if there is definitely no other explanation i'll check it again...but i'm wondering about two other different causes: the need for MySQL (which i'm not sure i have) and the browser settings. how do i know if i have MySQL? which error message would i get if i tried to run a php file from my browser without it? do i need to make sure my browser is set to anything?Maybe it's complaining about a page/script being called by the installation script? What page is the 404 error complaining it cannot find?

If you have a URL you can PM it to me and I will take a look. Don't post it here due to security reasons (as this is your forums installation script).