Retrieving node in classic ASP

iFuzo

Classic ASP isn't my first language and I need to bug fix something. I have highlighted the problem but a little stuck.I have the following SOAP response, the Root var is loading the data fine:\[code\]<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><soap:Body> <checkVatResponse xmlns="urn:ec.europa.eu:taxud:vies:services:checkVat:types"> <countryCode>GB</countryCode><vatNumber>xxxxxxx</vatNumber><requestDate>2012-12-05+01:00</requestDate><valid>true</valid><name>XYZ LIMITED</name><address>Jon StreetLondon</address></checkVatResponse></soap:Body></soap:Envelope>\[/code\]Now I need to extract the 'valid node. I have tried the following but to no avail\[code\]Set Root = oXmlDom.documentElement response.write(Root.SelectSingleNode("SOAP:Envelope/SOAP:Body/checkVatResponse/valid").text)response.write(Root.SelectSingleNode("SOAP:Envelope/SOAP:Body/urn:checkVatResponse/valid").text) response.write(Root.SelectSingleNode("//urn:valid").text)\[/code\]Show me the obvious problem please!

Back