restricting access to staff members only

liunx

I would like to restrict certain pages so that only staff members of the site can access them (they are pages for adding / editing information on the site)<br />
<br />
There will only be a very small number of people involved (right now it's two)<br />
<br />
I would like something simple but secure<br />
<br />
And if it involves any scripting, for it to be in php<!--content-->yes, you will need to some serverside language or you can use a htaccess file to make a password box come up.<br />
<br />
you can check my site for this under htaccess tutorials.<!--content-->scoutt, I have often wondered this question myself. I read over some of the htaccess tutorials at your site (thanks for providing all that!), but the reason I'd like to password protect part of a site isn't a situation that is practical to make a list of approved users. <br />
<br />
I didn't find anything on serverside language as you mentioned. Can you direct us to that more specifically? Thanks...<!--content-->then you will need a database of some sorts and a lot of code. you will need to check for the login on every page you want protected. you can either use a cookie or a session variable.<br />
<br />
for a newbie it is kind of challenge, but if you know how to do it then it isn't that hard.<br />
<br />
if you want php then look in the php forum and search for "member" andyou should turn up a few threads that deal with just what you want.<br />
<br />
I thought I had something in my tutorials section that dealt with this, just gonna have to make one.<!--content-->

Back