restarting a marquee

windows

hello all, i'm trying to unsuccessfully implement a relatively simple idea. i want to restart a marquee after it's done scrolling without reloading the page. here's what i tried:<br />
<br />
<html><br />
<body><br />
<marquee behavior="slide" direction="right" id="tester" style="width='100px';height='25px'">hello</marquee><br />
<br><br />
<input type="button" value="reload" onclick="tester.innerText='goodbye';tester.start();"><br />
</body><br />
</html><br />
<br />
i want to be able to change the text of the marquee, then restart it *without* having to reload the page. is this possible? thanks.<!--content-->Not up to speed on marquis de behavior; this works for some reason:<br />
<br />
<html> <br />
<body> <br />
<marquee behavior="slide" direction="right" id="tester" width="100" height="25">hello</marquee> <br />
<br><br />
<form><br />
<input type="button" value="reload" onclick="tester.outerHTML='<marquee behavior=slide direction=right id=tester width=100 height=25>goodbye</marquee>'"> <br />
</form><br />
</body> <br />
</html> <br />
<br />
(when in doubt, re-write the whole thing)<br />
<br />
Watch the CSS syntax:<br />
style="width='100px';height='25px'" (!)<!--content-->amazing. as you can see, i was just changing the inner text of the marquee, but didn't think that if i changed the entire outer html, it would work. thanks a lot!<!--content-->

Back