resolutions

liunx

i'm using a 1024 x 768 resolution on my screen, and i have designed my site for that resolution. only 67 percent of my site viewers are using a resolution that will show the site without having to scroll.<br />
<br />
as far as i know, 800 x 600 doesn't ruin the layout of the site, it just means you have to scroll a little to see certain parts of the site.<br />
<br />
now as a web designer, i develop sites for clients that are optimized for 800 x 600, or can be optimized at either resolution. for my however, i ignored all this, and just did what i wanted to do.<br />
<br />
are things going 1024 x 768, or not? i realise that some people need the lower resolutions because of their eyesight and such, but i'm just wondering if the trend is going towards a higher resolution. and also, those who use 800 x 600, do you find it annoying when you can't see the entire site without scrolling? any other thoughts on this? just curious.<!--content-->yes very annoying to scroll. and 95% of users use 800x600 and 1024 is going up in numbers like you think.<!--content-->I use 800x600 with a 17-inch monitor, and yes, I find it annoying when I have to scroll horizontally. It's not bad if I only have to scroll and inch or two, but some sites require a lot of scrolling.<br />
<br />
I've tried 1024 x 768, but it was hard on my eyes.<!--content-->

Back