Requirements?

liunx

Hello there, I'm new here at htmlforums.com, and I was just wondering what your guys' opinions were on what skills you need to know before you attempt to try and sell people web pages made by you. What should you be able to do with HTML? CSS? Do you need any understanding of PHP(or server-side scripting)? What kind of graphics skill do you need?<br />
Or anything else that might be of value that anyone thinks of.<br />
<br />
Thanks for your time. :)<!--content-->hmm, if what you are asking about is being a one-man show (not working with a team of designers) then you would only need to know what you want to offer.<br />
Don't advertsie that you can design any kind of website, advertise websites with features that you are confident in doing.<br />
I would say the basics you would need to be quite comfortable with html, css, maybe some js(easy you just Download <!--more--> scripts) and graphics (mainly logo's and a certain amount of manipulating images for the web), obviuosly being able to code by hand! no through wysiwyg (which can be used for speed but you need to know how to correct the errors they produce)<br />
No you don't need to know server side programming, again don't offer what you don't know!<br />
i hope that's a start :)<br />
<br />
<br />
i imagine a kind mod will move this thread to the proper forum for you<!--content-->

Back