[REQ]: Access other Hard Drives though vBull on Local Setup

Th3Eagle

I have set up a vBulletin V3.7.3 Forum on my Private Network using xamplite
there is no access via the internet

in order to access it the user has to be on my network
wireless access is available within a 2 block range of my house, providing the person has the wifi password

I am setting this up, because there are 6 friends that all live within 2 blocks of me, and we all share music & movies. I can connect to this forum from any of their houses without a problem tried & tested :D

The system that the forum is setup on has 4 hard drives for storage, what I would like to be able to do, is allow uploads and downloads from the other hard drives

uploads automatically going to a specific folder on a specific hard drive based on user name.

downloads via a link in a post
that won't show [noparse]E:\uploads\from tim\movie name\movie name.avi[/noparse]
but will instead just show movie name.avi

do you know what I mean?

is there a way to do this?

IF it is possible, my next question would be IF it would also be possible to link to files on other computers in my network without showing that the link is going outside of the computer hosting the site itself?

I have 4 systems in my house on my network
2 of which are always on

plus my 6 friends each have limited access
they are not the brightest when it comes to computers ;)

on each of their systems, I have edited the hosts file
so that all they have to do is go to [noparse]Th3Eagle.com[/noparse] in the portable copy of Firefox I put on each of their computers after they connect to my network to load the forum.

I just don't want to give them full access and have my 1.5TB's of Movies & Music deleted by a po'd GF or wife :D

is their any "easy" way of doing what I want?

Currently, I have the files that are available for download accessible
through www File Share Pro 1 copy running on each of the
computers on my network
, but I haven't been able to figure out how
to integrate it into vBulletin ...

plus the uploads option doesn't work correctly it will only allow a max
file size of 20MB, which is too small considering that we primarily share
Movies. The "Patch" I used to "Register" wwwFSP causes errors
anytime I try to set the upload limit to anything above 20MBs

I need a solution that will integrate with vBulletin, so that I can remove
wwwFSP completely IF Possible

skillz4k1l

file size problems are easy resolved in the otions menu by changeing the upload formats and file sizes. btw just share ur hard drives then if your on the same network u an viw all hard drives :p ( pwrd the dir that u dnt want them getting)