Repeater inside a repeater - query inside a query

liunx

Hi,

I have a rather complex question.
I need to get the following to work:

I have a main query where n number of id's can be choosen and the corresponding data showed in a table inside a repeater - so far that works great.
However I need to integrate an extra query that gets some details for each single id and lists it together with the main data for the id. This data should I guess be in a repeater inside the main repeater.
However I am wondering how I should program this. Should I make a special kind of sql-query or do I need to follow a certain procedure to get it to work?

To make the problem a bit easier to understand here is an example:

id: 3
car: BMW
driver: Mitch
- races: Indianapolis
Monte Carlo
N榛礲urgring

id: 4
car: Mercedes
driver: Hans
- races: Daytona
Monte Carlo
San Marino

the "subquery" is sorted by date.You can always do this the old way, use loops. The repeater makes simple tasks easy, but for something very complex your hands might be tied if you want to use the repeater.I was wondering if it wouldnt be possible to use a datagrid inside the repeater since I really want to keep the outer repeater as it works well.
The question is basically how I should do it, what to do about the id from the mainrepeater as a variable for a subquery, and in what order I should do databinding?

Back