Remote File Existance Problem

JamesBCDA

I am creating pdf document for downloading for e.g. someone clicked a PDF link then a pdf is generated and browser opens new window with path of that pdf file. Problem is that browser is giving 404 NOT found error for that file for about 40-50 seconds after its creation but after that when I refresh browser that file is present for viewing or downloading. one pdf link is http://images.myvouchercodes.co.uk/mvclocal/pdf/ca3b5098-9b35-7d8e.pdf where you can view file but same url gives 404 not found immediately after its creation. I am using following code to write file\[code\] try{ $fh = fopen($filename, "w"); $contents = $this->render(); // return pdf contents in string if(fwrite($fh, $contents)) { $fh = fopen($filename, "r"); while(strlen(file_get_contents($filename)) != strlen($contents)) { } echo $filename; } else { throw new Exception ("Unable to create pdf"); } fclose($fh); } catch(Exception $e) { echo $e->getMessage(); }\[/code\]That call is ajax and it echos filename upon pdf completion, then this filename is appended to url and the i use window.open() to open new window with pdf link that gives me 404 not found error. Anybody knows why this error is occuring?

Back