Registration Problem?

Gurugeak

Hey i have a problem when my members try to register they get this message after they finish filling out there data.

Picture of Problem:
dataerror.jpg

Please help cause i really want this fixed.

Grinderhand

That's a generic error message and not helpful. What is more helpful would be the emailed message you are getting when this happens. What does that say?

Grinderhand

Then you don't have the email for yourself set up in config.php. Set it up and you'll get an email when that happens when that will be more helpful in diagnosing what's happening.

Grinderhand

If your forum is running, it's already mostly set up. The line you need to alter is this:

Code:
$config['Database']['technicalemail'] = [color=Red]''[/color];

Put your email address between the ''s and you'll get those error emails.

Gurugeak

Yeah but what am i editing here? like where do i go? admin cp? or what lol? i know im a noob but i was never good with this internet stuff

Grinderhand

I'm assuming then that you didn't do the vB install yourself. You'll need FTP access or the ability to file edit in the file manager of cPanel (or whatever your host uses to manage your web space). In your original vB installation archive, you'll find in the /upload/includes folder a file called config.php. This is the file you need to edit, but unless yours is already configured for your site, don't edit this one. Instead either download the one from your sites /yoursite/includes folder, edit it as I explained previously and re-upload it to your site overwriting the existing one

-OR-

Using your cPanels file manager navigate to the /includes folder and edit your config.php from there.

Gurugeak

ight i edited it and it is true my partner set up the vb site i have but he is never on so its up to me to run it and shit and unlike him i know nothing about html or stuff like this

anyway this is the error message i received:

Database error in vBulletin 3.8.0:

Invalid SQL:
INSERT INTO bulletinuserfield
(userid)
VALUES
(24669);

MySQL Error : Duplicate entry '24669' for key 1
Error Number : 1062
Request Date : Friday, May 29th 2009 @ 09:52:15 AM
Error Date : Friday, May 29th 2009 @ 09:52:15 AM
Script : GuruHacks.Net - For All Gaming Needs - Powered by vBulletin