redirecting

liunx

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'll ask anyway, Does anybody know how to create a re-directing link please? ( The ones that do it automatically )<!--content--><meta http-equiv="refresh" content="5; url=yourpage.htm"><br />
<br />
This will redirect you after 5 seconds. Also, it is a good idea to specify something like this in your body tag.<br />
<br />
This page will automatically redirect you after 5 seconds. If it dosn't please click <a href=http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/archive/index.php/"yourpage.htm">here</a>.<!--content-->Hi..The link didn;t work...<!--content-->Originally posted by fatesgift <br />
Hi..The link didn;t work... <br />
<br />
Most likely you did something wrong.<br />
Please post the url to your page.<!--content-->www.foxyfun.cjb.net<!--content-->You put it in your <noframes> section. It needs to be in the <head> for it to work. Oh, and please tell me you new site won't have the 8(!) popup ads....It would certainly keep me from coming back...<!--content-->There's nothing I can do to stop the pop ups. Thats why I always advertise pop-up stopper..I personally use opera simple and you can disable Java.<br />
Thanks for all the help. Adam.<!--content-->Originally posted by fatesgift <br />
There's nothing I can do to stop the pop ups. <br />
<br />
The message of how to stop it seems pretty clear to me.<br />
<br />
<br />
Thats why I always advertise pop-up stopper..I personally use opera simple and you can disable Java.<br />
<br />
<br />
Disabling Java won't stop popups becuse they are generally made with JavaScript.<br />
But basicly all modern browsers except IE hav built in popup-stopping (without disabeling JS). Of cource IE happens to have 90% of the market...<!--content-->What I meant to say was it gives you the choice to allow pop-ups I do use IE aswell but I don't think it's as fast.<br />
Adam<!--content-->Is there a way using the meta tag redirect that you can redirect a person to two places back into their history?<!--content-->

Back