Reading Thumbs.db database

liunx

Hi!

I'm not sure, if this is the right forum to be asking my question. Perhaps, you could direct me. I am updating a website which was written in ASP. This is my first experience with ASP and I do not have an IIS Server so I have been posting all my changes on the website in a separate test area. My problem is that the original website and the revised version use drop down menus and I am also working with those for the first time. I am working on this basically on my own and I believe that the codes for the selections on the drop down menus is stored on a table since I have changed all the available code and according to the code, the menus should be appearing with the right selections. Unfortunately, they are still appearing with the old drop down menus. There is a table in the images file labelled Thumbs.db which I suspect carries the information that I need, but I don't know how to view the information on the table (and I am working with a copy). I am familiar with HTML and I am using notepad for the text editor. Any ideas?

Thanks,
CdnRebelThumbs.db has nothing to do with coding.
It's a file that windows creates automatically when you use image preview in windows folder in local computer.
They are hidden by default in windows so sometimes people transfer them also into webserver.
You can see them in your local computer aswell if you check "show hidden files" from folder options.

EDIT: Dropdowns are usually done with CSS and you can find bazillion examples with googling CSS+dropdown.

Back