reading directory

How do I prevent the browser from reading the directory contents when I enter only part of an url. I've fixed this problem a long time ago but my mind is like swiss cheese. Full of holes.<br />
<br />
Ray<!--content-->add a index.html page to it<!--content-->Or make the propor changes to apache or change the permissions to the forder<!--content-->Originally posted by karinne <br />
Or make the propor changes to apache or change the permissions to the forder <br />
<br />
Do the same if you are using IIS. There is an option in the folder properties, untick it to stop directory browsing being allowed.<!--content-->i just did this today! :D<br />
<br />
on Apache, make a blank text file and name it ".htaccess" (no quotes!) (yes, it should look like an extension with no actual filename - that's what you want). in it, put<br />
Options -Indexes<br />
save, and then upload that file to the directory you want to be non-indexed.<!--content-->actually Trans, Apache is like this<br />
<br />
IndexIgnore *<br />
<br />
that will ignoe everything. try that and see what you get. let me know what the difference is.<!--content-->

Back