Read a complete XML node with children and write into another XML file using VBS

Qkjsozkcpsxll

I receive 2 XML files from a third party service every day and I need to combine them using VBS as it is the only available technology on the server that consumes the XML. Each of the XML files has the same structure - \[code\]<section> <lot> <number>8</number> <identifier>au23-zx78a</identifier> </lot> <lot> <number>23</number> <identifier>au23-zx78a</identifier> </lot> ...and so on...</section>\[/code\]I need to take all of the lot nodes (including any and all children) from file 1 and insert them into file 2 before saving file 2 to be consumed by another service. Using VBS.I have searched the web and I have found ways to get a node out using VBS but I am lost on getting the nodes into another file. I have written and scrapped 3 or 4 scripts today because I have not been able to get it right.I know that the logic is this - load file 1,load file 2,get the lot nodes from file 1,loop through the lot nodes from file 1 and append them as children of the section node in file 2,save file 2Can anyone help me by pointing me in the right direction or perhaps providing a link to a tutorial?

Back