Re:Re: XML Schema question - Thanx

wxdqz

Hi Bret,#yes this helps a lot. Thx for your support.GreetingsStefan."Bret Gregory" <[email protected]> wrote:>>You can imbed elements inside other elements so long the child element is>not required. If the child element is required you have an infinite loop>which is not allowed in XML Schemas. Try to constrain the occurances of>the child element and you shouldn't have a problem.>>Hope this helps.>>>>"Stefan" <[email protected]> wrote:>>>>Hi there,>>>>anyone out there dealing with Schema definition.>>I got the following problem:>>>>I want define a elemet CATEGORY. As a category can contain sub-categories>>the element itself is used again as "child"-element in the "parent"-element.>>>>I tried the following Schema-definition/. But is looks somehow strangeto>>me:>>>><xsd:element name="CATEGORY">>> <xsd:complexType>>> <xsd:sequence>>> <xsd:element ref="CATEGORY">>> <xsd:element ref="PART"/>>> </xsd:sequence>>> <xsd:attribute name="NAME" type="xsd:string" use="required"/>>> <xsd:attribute name="SEQ" type="xsd:integer" use="required"/>>> </xsd:complexType>>></xsd:element>>>>>Anyone having a tip for me ?>>>>Thx.>>Stefan>

Back