Hi there,<br />
<br />
I wonder whether u could lead me out on this one:<br />
<br />
I have here almost 3Mb .mpg/mpeg file to be published<br />
on a web site. It is too big as it is now taking more than<br />
10 mins on dialup to Download <!--more-->.<br />
<br />
QUESTION / Is there any way to minimize the Download <!--more-->ing time while the .mpg file is 3Mb or do I have to convert it to<br />
some compressed format?<br />
<br />
Are there any compressions to .mpg/mpeg making it smaller?<br />
<br />
????? Any help will be a relief.<br />
<br />
THANKS:confused:<!--content-->Put it in a .zip file with the highest compression. That should help a little on the size.<!--content-->Hi Lotus,<br />
<br />
but what about the client / user? Will he / she be able to<br />
view it without unzipping the file?<br />
<br />
I would not like to make site viewers do anything, just<br />
Download <!--more--> the .mpg file which should automatically start <br />
playing under MS Media Player....<!--content-->If it's in a .zip file, yes, they would have to unzip it before they could view it. But if it meant cutting down on a 10 minute Download <!--more-->ing time on dial-up, I would not even consider anything else. I am on dial-up, and there is nothing I hate more than a site/file/image that Download <!--more-->s very, very slowly.<!--content-->Hi,<br />
<br />
so it comes out to me that there is really nothing how to speed it up except resize the original movie file.<br />
<br />
Thanks a lot, I just needed a word from professionals.<br />
<br />
May the force ... ( you know ) :-)<!--content-->you could just steam the video, go to windowsmediaplayer.com or real.com quicktime whatever it is and look at how to stream a corresponding file then it will d/l as it plays, although on dial up the movie wont play smooth it will keep buffering and stopping<!--content-->You can convert your MPEG movie and stream it on your server.<br />
<br />
You can use WMV: Small file size low quality (loads fast)<br />
Quicktime Movie: File is a bit bigger but quality is very good (for online streaming) But not to many peaple have quicktime installed...<br />
<br />
Hope this helps you a little bit if you need help with converting let me know<!--content-->

Back