R.java has been generated, still getting 'cannot be resolved to be a variable'

crash73

I'm thinking it might have something to do with packages, but I can't find the error. There are no errors(red marks) in my xml files, and all my drawables and xml files conform to the naming convention. I have tried cleaning the project, and there are no import R.java anywhere. The classes that cannot find R.java is:\[code\] com.datafetcher.main.Menu.java com.datafetcher.showperson.MainActivity.java com.datafetcher.showperson.DisplayMessageActivity.java\[/code\]In the Android Manifest I have declared:\[code\] <manifest xmlns:android="http://schemas.android.com/apk/res/android" package="com.datafetcher" ...\[/code\]And the activities are declared:\[code\]<activity android:name=".main.Menu" android:label="@string/title_activity_display_message"> <intent-filter> <action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" /> <category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" /> </intent-filter> </activity> <activity android:name=".showperson.MainActivity" android:label="@string/app_name" android:parentActivityName="com.datafetcher.main.Menu" > </activity> <activity android:name=".showperson.DisplayMessageActivity" android:label="@string/title_activity_display_message" android:parentActivityName="com.datafetcher.main.Menu" > </activity>\[/code\]My R.java is generated as gen/com.datafetcher.R.java.Why can't I use it in my code?This is a nice 5 second edit. Am I actually supposed to import com.datafetcher.R? I just tried for some reason, and it works. I have never done this before, I assumed it was done implicitly somehow.