R.I.P Marge

Hoxxy

mr5jif.gif

Sadly today my snake Marge has died...:(

She was the first snake I ever got so meant the most to me, I've had 4 in all a boa constricta, an albino corn, and a ribbon.

Marge herself was a Cali king snake and lived to a ripe old age of 13 so had a good innings (average lifespan 15yrs). Though only avarge snake size 5 1/2" she could be a bit of a handful, the amount of times she bit me..lol one time I remember my neighbour asking me to bring her round to show their friends, and like most people that don't know snakes they asked me whether she bites or not and as I started to say...

"nah not really shes quite plasid really"

she went and bit me...and half my finger ended up down her :) it took about 20 mins to get her of me again in the end and I lost quite a bit of blood :)

They have rear fangs with basicly means what goes no suppost to come out as your pulling against them, sharp little f*ckers too!

Another time before that I actually lost her for 6 months! she ecaped from her vavarium (she did that alot) :) and at the time I lived in a converted house (split into flats/apartments) atthe time my landlord was sorting a problem with my sink so the covering to where the pipe leads uder the floor boards was open and she got through a small gap, I was a liitle upset as you can imagine, but 6 months later when my landlord came round for the rent she asked me...

"Have you lost one of your snakes by any chance"?

I was like "yeah why"?

my land lord had actually found her curled up in one of the other flats/apartments that was at the time not in use...

...how cool is that...:)

Sadly I lost all my pictures of her when my pc went bang 2 weeks ago so the images shown are not actually her but I have done a little Googling to find some pics so you can see what see looked like

yokio.JPG

3073158102_354b015923.jpg

caliking.jpg

MastaDoom

AH how sad, R.I.P Marge. Snakes are so cool.

I've never had any but watched my friends snake devour a two mice.

DON

Sorry to hear that man.

I never really liked snakes LOL.. my room mate had one.. a HUGE one...

any chance you'll be getting a new pet soon?

Spanky

That sucks. I know what its like to lose a pet, I lost my favorite cat a couple months ago, I still miss him.

Hoxxy

Thanks everyone :)

DON said:
...any chance you'll be getting a new pet soon?

I got 2 cats, Azrael and Gargamel (named after the Smurfs)...their currently building their own website (with a little help from me of course)...lol

Curtis129

aw man that sucks. 13 years is a long time.
i like snakes, but i would never have one, cuz no matter what they look angry, and they make me scared haha

MastaDoom

Hoxxy said:

I got 2 cats, Azrael and Gargamel (named after the Smurfs)...their currently building their own website (with a little help from me of course)...lol

Lol, they do both sound very similar to the two Smurfs.....wait they are exactly the same spelling of the bad guys that kept trying to get the smurfs.

Hoxxy

MastaDoom said:
Lol, they do both sound very similar to the two Smurfs.....wait they are exactly the same spelling of the bad guys that kept trying to get the smurfs.

Yeah thats right Gargamel was the baddie and Azrael was his cat :)

gargamel.jpg

DON

Hoxxy said:

Awesome stuff. I got 3 cats myself.

I'm surprised the cats and snake never went at it?