Quiz help

liunx

hi could anyone tell me how to make a quiz i want all questions on one page selected by say radio buttons and then you click submit and it tells you what you got right, any ideas will be appreciated<br />
<br />
Rich<!--content-->You are going to need to use either JavaScript (won't work for 13% of users) or some sort of server side language (PHP, Perl, etc)...<!--content-->I reccomend a server side language because there is more room to upgrade. By this I mean you can start emailing the users scores, logging scores, showing average scores. Pretty much being able to use a data base which can add increadable amounts of functionality to a site that you just cant get client side.<!--content-->any recommended ssl's?<!--content-->PHP baby... It's the only way to fly... :D<!--content-->i see your the moderator for the php forum, i gonna start a thread there about the quiz, thanks mate<!--content-->You bet... :)<!--content-->NO DON'T... WAIT! USE ASP.NET INSTEAD!!!!! We need more asp.net people around here.<!--content-->Lol... shutup, PeOfEo... :p j/k, of course... ;)<!--content-->Rotten dirty no good PHP users... Rabble Rabble Rabble<!--content-->lol... :D<!--content-->which would everyone recommend, php or asp.net?<!--content-->PHP: Open Source, runs well with Apache, uses a C type syntax (more like javascript).<br />
<br />
ASP: Closed Source, runs on M$ servers (send more money to Bill...), uses VB syntax (I know, I know, you can use C#, but does anyone?).<br />
<br />
Conclusion? PHP all the way... :)<!--content-->ASP.NET can use a variatey of langauges. C# is similar in syntax to java (which is supprisingly very widely used, talk to tiki he uses it. It can use vb which is well vb. J# can also be used etc. ASP.NET is the newest technology and all of its new additions arguably make it the least amount of work to get a power ful application. Take the asp.net web.config you can store a bunch of session settings and specs in this file which saves you miles of xml with asp classic and this gives you more control. Also you can use cookies for your session or not use cookies. The cookieless option automatically parses your query string for users without cookies and this does not require you to do anymore work. I say asp.net also because asp.net is closed source that just adds to the security of the application I would say. Also you need a data base? You probably already have a copy of access on your computer you can just use that!<br />
What do you think of my sales pitch?<!--content-->hmm bit of contadiction there im gonna start a poll<!--content-->

Back